Study tour 9
The deepest abyss in the world and its countryside surroundings
Organization: LAG Hranicko
This study tour presents many interesting places in the Hranice region which is situated in the eastern tip of the Olomouc region. In the past the old Amber path went through this region in the so called Moravian Gate, connecting northern and middle Moravia. Therefore, the region is very important road and railway traffic hub. It also lies on the watershed for Baltic and Black sea. In this study tour you will visit typical villages with their landmarks, community life and also local farmers, whose products you can taste. Then you will stand on the edge of the deepest flooded abyss in the world, which is situated in the spa area of the Hranice karst. Lunch time you will spend in a modern restaurant in the town of Hranice, which is connected to modern small theatre and sports area and the whole complex is in the private hands. The city of Hranice is the center of the LAG’s region and has 18 000 inhabitants.
Attention, this study tour requires earlier departure from hotel and a little longer travel by bus. However, the program is worth it!
- 9:30 - Tourist center "Hranice Abyss" - small touristic center nearyb the Hranice Abyss, situated in the building of former railway station
- 10:00 - Hranice Abyss - the deepest flooded abyss in the world with unique way of origin, where the bottom has not yet been reached, a presentation of ongoing research
- 11:15 - Restaurant and Theater Stará střelnice - lunch and tour of the private owner's area with historic buildings, a modern theater, guest house and restaurant, workshop "Implementation of EAFRD programme in region of Hranicko"
- 12:30 - municipality Skalička - walk through the center of a typical, picturesque Moravian village with many attractions: village square, reconstructed cultural house, park near the chateau, reconstructed chapel in the park, bell tower, bicycle road
- 13:45 - 14:45 - Červek's Windmill - unique preserved wooden windmill, one of the few of this kind in Czechia
- Museum of the Sailor Tomáš Vítek - a rural mini-museum dedicated to the local citizen - a great shipbuilder, photographer and traveler
- Bee farm Skalička - modern and successful bee farm with breeding of beem mothers, shop and handicraft workshop. Participants will produce a candle from real wax.
Departure from hotel: 7:30 a. m.
Arrival to hotel: 5:45 p. m.