Study tour 2
Discover how people live under the Jeseníky Mountains… around the Desná river not only by bike
Organization: LAG Šumperský venkov
The Desná River forms the northern axis of the region of LAG Šumperský venkov. In this study tour you will reach the southern foothills of the Jeseníky Mountains. You will get to know, how local people work, live and enjoy life here. The traditional means of transport is bike, so you will have a chance travel this tour by e-bike. You will make handmade paper in the oldest handmade paper mill in Central Europe or taste homemade pralines. We will also focus on the issue of social services and the possibility of using community centers not only in our region.
- 8:00 - Departure from the hotel on the electric bicycles.
- 9:00-12:30 - Handmade papermill Velké Losiny - The oldest handmade paper mill in Central Europe, the only one still functional. One of the main attractions of the region and the whole Olomouc region. Possibility to make your own handmade paper. Lunch in the area of Hand made papermill (Restaurant Losín, Velké Losiny).
- 12:45 - Chocolate praline shop Velké Losiny: Chocolate pralines shop (and production) - one of the most popular regional products in the region.
- 14:45 - Třemešek chateau: Reconstruction of the chateau - creation of a community center, social flats, social café, family center - demonstration of a multi-fund (9 projects under one roof), Workshop on the multifund CLLD.
- 16:00 - Departure to the hotel by the river Desná valey on the electric bicycles.
Departure from hotel: 8:00
Arrival at hotel: 17:00